Tobacco smoking is the practice of burning tobacco and inhaling the smoke.
Tobacco is smoked through cigarettes, tobacco pipes, cigars, bidi, hukka, etc. Smoking is the most common method of consuming tobacco. And tobacco is the most common substance that is smoked.
Tobacco leaves are smoked, chewed, or sniffed for a variety of effects. Tobacco is an addictive substance because it contains the chemical known as nicotine.
Tobacco contains more than 19 cancer-causing chemicals (most are called tar).
Risks of Smoking
There are many reasons to quit smoking. If tobacco is used for a long period, then tobacco and its related chemicals such as tar and nicotine can cause many health problems.
Cigarette smoking causes many types of cancer, including cancers of the lung, esophagus, larynx, mouth, throat, kidney, bladder, pancreas, stomach, cervix, and leukemia.
Some of the risks of smoking are:
– Blood clots, can lead to stroke.
– Coronary Artery Disease, including heart attacks.
– High blood pressure.
– Less blood supply to vital organs.
– Weak wound healing.
– Chronic bronchitis and asthma.
– Problems during pregnancy, such as immature birth, underweight, miscarriage, etc.
– Decreases ability to taste and smell.
– Tooth and gum diseases.
– Wrinkling of the skin.
– Avoid smoking, Avoid smoking in public places.
– Avoid smokers.
– Awareness campaign against the use of tobacco should be effective.
– Advertisement of tobacco and its products should be discouraged.
– Everybody should be aware of the bad effects of tobacco.