The Holi colors – be it natural or artificial lead to the roughness of the skin.
Holi is a spring festival and that means a bit of winter climate is still there. Consecutive use of dry colors and washing off with water leads to soil depletion from the skin.
So, for a week post your Holi celebration, use a very nice and thick body lotion, body moisturizer, or body butter.
Coconut oil and almond oil have proven to be the most effective. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E, and coconut oil has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Here are some things you should keep in mind after playing Holi:
– You can use your makeup remover liquid or water to remove the first layer of Holi colors from your face.
– Use cold water while removing your colors post-Holi. Because warm or hot water will make the colors stick to your skin and make it difficult to remove.
– Avoid using cosmetic scrubbers as they would make your skin rougher. Use mild natural products or mild Ayurvedic products to clean or scrub your face.
– In case you are scrubbing your face post-Holi. Don’t go for scrubbing 2 or 3 times a day, once is enough.
– Chose the mild and soap-free face cleansers while bathing. Because they will retain the natural moisture of your skin.
– For the natural face packs that you can make at home to get rid of the side effects of colors from your skin.
– You can prepare a papaya face mask with grated papaya, rose water, honey, and fuller’s earth. Or use the mixture of equal parts of lemon juice and honey and massage your face gently for 5 minutes. Rubbing banana peel also helps you to get rid of the Holi colors.
– Moisturizer and SPF 40/50+sunscreen gel-cream is a must.
– Use cold water or lukewarm water to clean your Holi colorful hair. Simply stand below the shower and allow all the colors to flow first.
– Use a mild shampoo or those shampoos with Milk protein or a high moisturizing effect. Don’t scratch your scalp too much. Simply, go for a mild massage and wash off.
– Don’t forget to apply a good conditioner to your hair and let the conditioner sit on your hair for at least 10 minutes. Keeping the conditioner for 10 minutes would help your hair strands to regain the softer touch.
– For the whole week after the Holi celebration, go for a nice oil massage every night. Use a mix of almond, coconut, olive, and castor oil for ultra-softness. Or if you don’t have all these, then go for coconut oil only.
– If your hair has become too dry post-Holi celebration then, you can go for a nice hair pack. Take 1 cup of raw milk and mix that with 1 tablespoon of honey. Now, apply this mixture to your hair starting from the roots to the tips. Keep it for half an hour or 1 hour and follow that with a shampoo using lukewarm water.
– If you have a sensitive scalp, you can apply lemon juice on your scalp as citric acid helps in protecting your scalp from getting infected.